1. add 加；增加 add ... to
2. advise建议 advise sb. (not) to do sth.; advise doing sth.
3. afford负担得起 (can / can’t) afford to do sth.
4. arrive 到达 arrive in / at some place = get to / reach some place
5. connect 连接 connect ... with / and
6. decide决定 (名词形式decision) decide to do sth.; make a / the decision (to do sth.)
7. die 死亡 (过去式，过去分词died, 现在分词dying)
die of / from / down / out (dead表示死亡的状态)
8. dress 穿衣服 dress sb.; be dressed up as; get dressed
9. expect 期待 expect (sb.) to do sth.
10. hear 听见 hear about; hear of; hear sb. / sth. do / doing sth.
11. hope希望 hope to do sth.; hope +that从句
12. invite邀请 invite sb. to do sth.; invite sb. to some place
13. join参加；加入 join the club / party (take part in参加)
14. keep 保留；保持；使继续处于某种状态
keep + adj.; keep sb. / sth. + adj.; keep doing sth.; keep sb. doing sth.
15. lead引导；带领 lead sb. to some place; lead to sth.
16. learn 学习 learn to do sth.; learn from sb.; learn by oneself
17. lie平躺(过去式lay, 过去分词lain, 现在分词lying) lie down
18. lose丢失(反义词find) lose sth.; get lost; find out; find it +adj.+to do sth. / that从句
19. marry结婚 marry sb.; get / be married
20. mix(使)混合，融合 mix ... with ...; mix together
21. offer 提供 offer sb. sth.; offer sth. to sb.; offer to do sth.
22. prefer更喜欢 prefer sth. to sth.; prefer to do / doing sth.
23. prepare准备 prepare sth. / for sth.
24. protect保护 protect sb. from (doing) sth.
25. provide 提供 provide sb. with sth.; provide sth. for / to sb.
26. remain逗留；保持 remain (to be) + adj.
be sure about 确信；对……有把握 care about 关心；在意 come about 发生
hear about 听说；得知 talk about 谈论 think about 思考；思索 be serious about 对……认真
learn about 了解 worry about 担心 write about 编写；写作
look after 照料；照顾 take after (外貌或行为)像
laugh at 嘲笑 look at 看 look back at 回首(往事)；回忆；回顾
point at 指着 shout at ... 冲……大声叫嚷
get away 离开；脱身 give away 赠送；捐赠 go away 离开 put away 收起；收拾好
run away 逃走；逃跑 sweep away 扫去 take away 带走；拿走 throw away 扔掉；抛弃
bring back 恢复；使想起；归还 call (sb.) back (给某人)回电话
go back 回去 talk back 回嘴；顶嘴
drop by 顺便访问；随便进入 go by (时间)逝去；过去 pass by 路过；经过
break down 出故障；坏掉 calm down 冷静下来 close down (永久)关闭；关停
count down 倒数；倒计时 cut down 砍倒 die down 逐渐变弱；逐渐消失
fall down 突然倒下；跌倒；倒塌 let ... down 使失望 lie down 躺下
look down 俯视 pull down 摧毁 put ... down 拆下；摧毁
sit down 坐下 take down 拆除；往下拽；记录
turn down把……调低；关小；拒绝 write down 写下；记录下
be proud of 对……感到自豪 die of 死于…… feel ashamed of 对……感到羞愧
get out of 离开；从……出来 run out of 用尽；耗尽
take care of 照顾；处理 think of 认为；想起
burn off 烧掉；消耗掉 call off 取消；决定终止 clean ... off 把……擦掉
cut off 切除 fall off ... 从……跌落 get off 下车
go off 离开；(闹钟)发出响声 put off 推迟 set off 动身；出发
show off 炫耀 shut off 关闭；停止运转
take off 脱下(衣服)；(飞机等)起飞 turn off 关掉
come on 快点儿 depend on 取决于；决定于；依靠；信赖
hang on 稍等 put on 增加(体重)；发胖；穿；戴
turn on 接通(电流、煤气、水等)；打开
blow out 吹灭 break out 爆发；发生 bring out 使显现；使表现出
check out 察看；观察 clear out 清理；丢掉 come out 出版；问世
cut out 删除；删去 eat out 出去吃饭 fill out 填写；填充
find out 查明；弄清 give out 分发；散发 go out 外出(娱乐)
hand out 分发 hang out 闲逛；常去某处
help out (帮助……)分担工作；解决难题
lay out 摆开；布置 leave out 忽略；不提及；不包括
look out 当心；注意 point out 指出；指明 put out 扑灭
read out 朗读；宣读 sell out 卖光 set out 出发；启程
take out 拿出；取出 try out 参加……选拔；试用 work out 成功地发展；解决
agree with sb. 同意某人 catch up with sb. 赶上某人 compare ... with ... 比较；对比
deal with 应对；处理 get on with 和睦相处；关系良好
part with 放弃、交出(尤指不舍得的东西)
( )1. —when will mr. green ______ beijing?
—in a week.
a. reach b. get c. arrive d. come
( )2. some people think it's the parents' job to ______ their children ______ a clean and comfortable environment at home.
a. offer; to b. offer; with c. provide; with d. provide; to
( )3. don't worry! i'm sure you'll ______ your classmates if you are kind and friendly to them.
a. catch up with b. be pleased with c. get on well with d. agree with
( )4. if the customer rings up for me again, please ______ the call to the sales department.
a. run through b. look through c. go through d. put through
( )5. —are you going to have a part-time job during the summer vacation?
—yes. i think i shouldn't always ______ my parents since i've grown up.
a. fight against b. argue with c. hear from d. depend on
( )6. —would you please help me ______ the invitations to all my friends?
—sure. you'd better let me know their phone numbers.
a. make up b. clean out c. give out